- Department of Blood Bank (Centre) is a Regional Blood Bank Transfusion Centre (West zone) since 1988. This centre caters to Govt. and Pvt. Hospitals in west zone and other part of Delhi and NCR besides DDU hospital. It has been nominated as Model Blood Bank for the State of Delhi by Government of India, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare. The center is also the mother Blood Bank of eight blood storage center/Hospitals viz. Rao Tula Ram Memorial Hospital, Dada Dev Matri Avam Shishu Chikitsalya, Acharya Bhikshu Govt.Hospital Guru Govind Singh Govt. Hospital Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel Hospital, Indira Gandhi Hospital, Delhi Cantonment Board General Hospital and Mata Gujri Hospital. The annual Blood Collection is around 20,000 units out of which 60% to 65% is from Voluntary donors. Almost 100% of the blood units collected is processed for component preparation, thus following the principle of rational use of blood. Blood issued without replacement is 80% to 85%.
Name Designation Dr. Mausumi Swami SAG, Head of the Department Dr. Nishu Dhawan Senior Medical Officer Dr. Rishi Kanava Senior Medical Officer
- This center functions round the clock throughout the year.
- Donor Screening, Blood Collection, Blood Component Preparation, Blood Testing and issuance of Blood/Blood Products.
- (a) There are around 380 Thalassemia cases registered and this centre issues Antibody screened, Rh matched and leucodepleted PRBCs to these patients.
(b) Platelet–pheresis and Plasma-pheresis facility exists.
(c) All Blood/Blood Components viz. Whole Human Blood, Concentrated Human RBC, Platelet Concentrate, and Fresh Frozen Plasma are available round the clock.
- IEC for blood donation related, Blood requisition form, Blood transfusion consent form, Blood transfusion reaction form - As per annexure I to V (Enclosed) :- Download form by Clicking Here
- (a) Since the month of August 2014 surplus Plasma is being transferred to Plasma Fractionation Centre.
(b) This center participates in BEQAS, Jaipur recognized by NABH, Quality Council of India.
(c) This centre is enrolled under Haemovigilance Programme of India (HvPI), Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Govt. of India.
(d) The center has a state of art Blood Mobile Van for Blood collection from the door step of the donor under VBD Programme.
(e) Fully automated and updated technologies installed in various labs for quality standards in testing.
(f) CME and Wet Workshop are being conducted for the blood transfusion staff. The centre also gives training for Blood Bank/ Blood Storage Unit on regular basis.
- The centre has plans to implement the following in future:
(a) NAT testing of all Blood units.
(b) NABH accreditation.